Essential Role Functions
The role of the Executive Director is to execute tasks necessary to carry out Ebenezer Stone Ministries vision and mission:
A people of faith seeking to empower those in need to enhance their lives and their community.
The mission of Ebenezer Stone Ministries is to create sustainable change by providing:
• life-skills training such as job readiness, financial responsibility, and others
• food and household items when needed
• an environment of on-going support, respectfulness and hope in Christ!
This includes working and communicating with operation leadership including the Operations Manager, lead volunteers, community leaders, and organizational donors with sensitivity toward non-profit operational environments.
While the initial role of the Executive Director is considered a volunteer position, the Board of Directors is seeking to transition this position to a paid role within the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Work 20 hours per week on-site and behind the scenes.
• Support and promote the organization’s Christian values, vision, and mission statements.
• Seek out, apply for, and secure organizational funding via church and community donations, corporate sponsorships and grants, small funds matching, and other sources.
• Communicate weekly with the Operations Manager.
• Oversee the budget and spending activities.
• Conduct performance reviews.
• Handle landlord/lease issues and negotiations.
• Communicate with other building occupants and resolve any issues regarding space usage.
• Communicate routinely with the Board of Directors with program updates and requests.
• Collaborate with the Board of Directors executive team to create meeting agenda.
• Develop new ministry outreach opportunities with direction from the Board of Directors.
• Reach out to the local community for support and ongoing relationship development (charities, churches, help agencies, businesses, alderman, city council members, police, neighbors, etc.)
• Maintain regulatory compliance (Health department kitchen licensing)
• “Servant Leader:” a positive mental attitude and a strong desire to help others succeed.
• Demonstrates problem solving adaptability, and strong interpersonal and leadership skills between patrons, volunteers, and organizers.
• Associate’s degree with leadership/managerial experience preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, internet researching and email exchange.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Occasional on-site ministry check-ins.
• Executive Director will need to provide computer, cell phone and office supplies.
• Facility limitations do not allow for onsite office and no elevator services are available.
Ebenezer Stone Ministries began as an outreach ministry of Hales Corners Lutheran Church providing a Wednesday lunch, Saturday breakfast, and weekly food and clothing pantries. In 2016, Ebenezer Stone Ministries received its own 501(c)(3) non-profit status and has since begun expanding operations to include faith-based job preparedness and financial responsibility curriculum. Overseen by its Board of Directors, Ebenezer Stone Ministries outreach continues to be a people-focused ministry, located at 35th and Scott Streets on the south side of Milwaukee.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position or have questions, please contact Alex Stoll at firstname.lastname@example.org